Saturday, January 20, 2007

Mom's Paintings
















My mom painted these two water colors when I was about 5 or so. Some of my earliest memories are of her sitting in the living room with all her art supplies spread about and just painting away. JM and I have been encouraging her to pick up a brush again so I can put more up in the house. I had these two framed recently that she gave to me about a year ago. They look so great in our bedroom. Anyway, I wanted to share with everyone just how talented Vonda really is! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OLUV! I hope you are doing well!!!

Laura said...

Oh wow - those are beautiful - once again, I miss Vonda. And your bedroom looks really pretty. I have to get up there this summer - I will come up alone maybe just so we can hang out and chat, and then maybe we can all get together too. We are planning to have Matt switch jobs within the next couple of weeks so that we can leave for SC earlier - May 19th instead of June 9th - he usually has to stay to finish out the school year driving the school bus, but we just didn't want to spend 3 weeks of our summer doing that this time!

Jon said...

I finally followed your blog link. You're right, excellent paintings. You guys should continue to encourage her to pick up the brush. Great job decorating the room, did you paint to the art or are you just that good? It just so happens that I wake up to the same wall color. In the first picture of Matt down the page, he looks like the guy from Sugar Ray.

Brooke said...

Very Andrew Wyeth! Wow!

Matt&Liv said...

Brooke, I don't get the "very andrew" comment? what does that mean? Maybe I'm thinking too hard or something.