Thursday, August 27, 2009

32 weeks

Ok, I realize these images are creepy looking...at least that is what I think when I see other people's 3D baby images. However, when it's your own child you have a different feeling about it. To me she totally looks like Matt and has his nose and mouth, but that could all change once I finally see her. :) Let me know what you all think? These images were actually taken at my 27 week visit, but I had lost the CD temporarily.

So now that I'm definitely in the third trimester things are way different. First, and most of you know this, I did test positive for whooping cough from my aug 6th nose swab at the doc's office. It's a surreal and scary situation for the health dept to call you just a few hours before your first baby shower and tell you were positive for whooping cough. I freaked out because I thought I would be contagious still. However, the health dept and my doc office assured me that since I took the correct vaccine only a couple weeks into the cough that I was not contagious and that it would not spread to the baby. Thank goodness. I must have asked both places 3 times to repeat everything and to promise I wasn't contagious. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do for the cough. No medicine or anything will help it. It just has to run it's course. Anyway, this nasty disease caused us to leave our july vacation 2 days early and it has been one of the most miserable experiences of my life. And I have a mild case!! I can't even explain to you the coughing fits and how when you're pregnant it makes you vomit and pee your pants more than you would have if you weren't. It is not fun and I would tell everyone having a baby or who works with children to get vaccinated. I actually believe I'm either half way through with it or nearing the end of it. I'm just praying it's gone by the time the baby arrives. So whooping cough was my introduction into the third trimester. YAY for me! HA!

On to some good news, I do not have gestational diabetes. I had to take the second test, which was totally weird and annoying to sit for 3 hours while they call you in the room to draw blood once every hour. Matt never thought I had it, but I do know my sugar is the first thing to go when I'm hungry. I really didn't fit the profile for it though. It doesn't run in my family and I was not over weight previous to pregnancy.

Some more good news is that Amelia is growing and healthy and as text book average as you can get for her measurements. As far as we know as least. she is a mover and a shaker in my belly. they keep telling me her movement will slow down because she'll run out of room, but I haven't had that yet.

As for me getting around these days...it's a challenge for sure. I'm carrying her super low and she is sooooo heavy. My friend Carrie bought me one of those belts to lift you up and it has helped a lot. Thanks Carrie! Bending over is just about out of the question at this point and I seriously think through going up and down the stairs at home. My hips get major cramps in them every night and I wake up and have to use a heating pad just to get relief. Tylenol is a joke for this kind of pain. The hot tub in our backyard is my new bff. Don't worry, I keep the temp at like 94 degrees. Poor Matt is ready for her to be here I'm sure. He's been great though and he's taken great care of me. He's the best baby daddy ever.

Anyway, I'm sorry this is so long, but there were lots of updates to do. I have another appt this coming monday so I'll try to do another post right after. Oh and if you've ready this far then you deserve to see pics of Amelia's nursery on my photography blog.

Love to all and thanks so much for your prayers. :)




3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

She looks like a floating head - kind of creepy... but I'm going to say I think she looks more like you Olivia... just from first glance anyway.

Tara said...

Such sweet pictures! I don't think they look creepy at all...what I always thought was creepy was the front face view on the traditional ultrasound...it always reminded me of Skeletor from He-Man...very creepy! These last weeks are long and hard, but when you look back you're going to realize that they fly by! Good luck!

chanel said...

She looks like a floating head ...
Gucci Journal Evening Bag Makes Every Evening Yours
Gucci's Tattoo Heart Bag, Girlhood's Sweetheart
Gucci Sigrid Python Clutch
Gucci Backpack of Origianl
Flavor

Gucci Metal Studs
Clutch: Let’s Punk!

Make You
Her Mr.Right with This Gucci Bag

Gucci Galaxy Python Hobo
Gucci also Likes Teddy Bears
Gucci Gives Salute to 1970s’ London with Sloaney Bag Series
Elephant and Snowman on Gucci Boston Bag <a href="http://www.gucciashop.com/gucciashoparticles/GucciTechnoHorsebitMediumHobowithTasselandBamboodetail.htm" Gucci Techno Horsebit Medium