Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life Update

I realize this is a "no picture" post, but I really wanted to write something today and I have no pictures to post. I believe that is a first for me. :) Honestly, I've been photographing so much lately that my fingers hurt and my back. That camera is heavy to carry around every Saturday for like 8 to 10 hours nonstop. Plus the 2 sessions a week I'm averaging these days. Don't get me wrong, this is not me complaining though it's hard to tell. I'm just saying that by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is take pictures of Matt and I or really anything.

It's been very interesting working from home. I'm really proud of myself for consistantly getting up at 6:30 every morning. So many people tell me they would sleep in. I would probably have a problem with getting up so early if it weren't for the fact that matt makes so much noise in the kitchen when he cooks breakfast. It's really funny. My alarm clock is clanging pots and coffee grinders every morning. I guess there are worse things to wake up to. :) So, yeah, working from home is really cool. I get a lot done and I've found a new favorite website to help me along as I work. Check out http://www.pandora.com/. Basically this is a free radio website. You just type in a song or artist you like and it builds a radio station around your choice. Too cool. So you like every song you hear. I think it's better than satelite radio. It's also nice to have Kenah here with me for company. I stop frequently and give her pets. I've also been running with my neighbor in addition to my regular monday night soccer games. So hopefully I'll be a rock soon!

Ok I've got to jet. I have a bride coming by at 9am and need a shower. :)

2 comments:

brian compton said...

Hey Liv!

I am a Pandora junkie too. I have way too many channels, but now I have gotten hooked to "QuickMix" that rotates though them all. We will have to connect on there so we can poach each others favorites and such.

Also, you can paste a widget from Pandora to your blog so that any song that catches your attention and you favorite is listed on the blog. Great for posterity and also so that we (your loyal readers) can see what you are into these days.

Anyhoo, Pandora is a great company out here in Oakland. They employ ALOT of area musicians to listen and characterize songs. Also, the iPhone app is tops.

Anyhoo, look me up at http://www.pandora.com/people/briancompton2

and you can see the blog widget in action at: www.comptonchronicle.blogspot.com.

Or pick it up at: http://www.pandora.com/feeds#blog

Brooke said...

Yes! I love the pandora application on my iphone - it keeps me company at work too and I also think it's better than XM or others.