Wednesday, January 06, 2010

a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week

I think Shel Silvertien said it best in his beloved poem called "A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" where a little boy has everything go wrong for him in one day. For me, it's lasted an entire week. It really all started New Years Eve. Matt and I had tickets to see the Avett Brothers in Asheville for the night (excellent show btw) and on the way to drop Amelia off at Grandma's house I witnessed two cars wrecks. Strike one. So that shook me up a little, but I calmed down. The evening was fabulous, the band was great, but by morning Matt's naggy headache turned into a migraine. Strike two.


Here's where it gets crazy. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding on New Years Day (a rare and fun opportunity for yours truly) and since Matt had the migraine, I had to take Amelia to the wedding. My mom was out of town and all my other babysitters and grandparents were going to be at the wedding. Anyway, the evening went great with many people to help with Amelia and she was a perfect little angel. However, things turned quickly south when at the reception the bar tender asked, "OH HOW MANY WEEKS ARE YOU?!" I could have died right there! I looked at her in utter disgust and said, "I HAD A BABY 11 WEEKS AGO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!". Need I say more?? Strike three.
So now that you're getting the point if you've read this far, here is the list of the other things that went crazy wrong.

1. Our heat downstairs has been out since last Wednesday and the part to fix it is ordered, but not here.
2. My car window was smashed tonight at the gym and my purse was stolen. They totally missed the $150 pair of sunglasses in the seat and the $5 bill in the cup holder. Go figure.
3 The one thing they did get that breaks my heart is my engagement ring. I'm super sad about this. Big tears over this one have been shed.
4. Oh and tonight when I got home our dishwasher decided to crap out on us so now it doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong, I know things could be worse and I am very grateful my family is healthy and happy. However, for the past week I believe it has just been my turn to have everything go crazy wrong. I always think that maybe I should be more personal on here, well I guess this is definitely in that direction. I suspect I won't be this way all the time, but you know how when crap happens you just want to blurt it out and then you feel much better? I guess this was my chance to have the violins playing.

Now, so as not to end this post as being an overall downer, I'd like to some recent pics of my sweet little baby girl whom I love and adore with all my heart. Her daddy ain't bad either. I really do have the best husband a girl can find.


8 comments:

April Emery said...

i would be heartbroken over the ring, too. and i have also had my car broken into and had the most stupid things stolen from it and a more steal-worthy item left behind. it is frustrating i know. i hope life gets back to a less-crazy normal soon

Tara said...

Don't let those bartender's words get you down...I think you look great! I wore Spanx's for 4-5 months after Ruth Ann was born to hold everything in place! I'm sorry about your very bad week, but I was excited to see a new post...Amelia is precious!

Matt&Liv said...

Judith Viorst wrote Alexander's Very Bad Day, not Shel Silverstein.

Rosalyn Francis said...

beautiful baby. What a great time together. I loved reading about your baby. And I think your pictures are great -- you were just all baby, no fat at all! =)

Congratulations!

مشروع جديد ناجح said...

you have good blog

gucci said...

Gucci Galaxy Python Hobo
Gucci also Likes Teddy Bears
Gucci Gives Salute to 1970s’ London with Sloaney Bag Series
Elephant and Snowman on Gucci Boston Bag Gucci Techno Horsebit Medium Hobo with Tassel and Bamboo detail
Gucci’s Hobo series is unique and special of the brand. In every collections gucci launches

gucci said...

Gucci Galaxy Python Hobo
Gucci also Likes Teddy Bears
Gucci Gives Salute to 1970s’ London with Sloaney Bag Series
Elephant and Snowman on Gucci Boston Bag Gucci Techno Horsebit Medium Hobo with Tassel and Bamboo detail
Gucci’s Hobo series is unique and special of the brand. In every collections gucci launches

bedroom themes said...

Hello there
The Griffins
Nice Blog with Excellent information, Thanks for sharing these tips, God bliss you!