Sunday, September 14, 2008

Behind the Sun

As you can see I have this lovely sunflower theme going on and I'm sure you're wondering why I posted this photo. Well, a few months back I entered it in an online photo contest and I'm proud to say that it got "editor's pick". How cool! So now, I've ordered this huge gallery wrap of it for our living room. I think it will look really great in there. I'll take a picture of it on the wall to show you, which I'm sure won't do it justice.

The one you see above was also taken in this series I did. My little story is that I was at publix one day and they had sunflowers on sale and I thought "oh cool, these would look good in the foyer", but I really didn't like them there when I got home so I put them in the bedroom in the window and turned off the light and they just really popped with color. Of course, I ran and got the camera. All of them were shot in natural light and in this one I'm like pinned against the window zoomed in on the flower with the lights off and that's how I got the black background. Anyway, I thought it was cool. :)



1 comments:

Brooke said...

Beautiful! Great job - can't wait to see the picture in the living room!