Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Sad Sad Story

So Matt and I recently have been spending a lot of time looking for U2 tickets for the Atlanta show. I saw them back in 01 with Laura and some other kids, Matt has never seen them and they're his favorite band. He has every album/CD and we listen to them all the time. Anyway, we found a sweet lady that sold hers to us for face value, which is unheard of. We couldn't find any that were less than $200 and we only paid $50 for ours and they were on the floor.

So Saturday morning we got up early and headed down to Atlanta to get in line to be one of the first people to get on the floor and get a spot. We got there at noon and someone was there marking everyone's hand with a number for your place in line. I was 231 and Matt was 230. We were all set. We waited all day and met really cool fans and Matt and I had the best time.

Finally it was time to get in line. We were sooooo excited. You could just feel the crowd's excitment. Everyone loved this band as much as we do, if not more. So we finally get up to the line and they scan our tickets to go in and the scanner made a funny sound. The lady looked at our ticket and said, "these are for last night's show, you'll have to leave." I immediately threw my face in my hands and began to sob. We were so humiliated and shocked. In our excitment we had never checked the date!! We tried desparately to find tickets from the radio stations set up out side. Finally we waited in line for another ticket release, as U2 does at every show. In that line we were numbers 20 and 21, but when the tickets came available some scalpers at the front of the line bought most of them and were selling them for a least $250 a piece.

So we came home with our tails between our legs. We are determined to find tickets for Charlotte in December. The good thing is we're not out any money because Bank of America paid me $100 to drive to Columbia for a meeting, so we have our money back. By the way, please DO NOT PICK ON US about this one. We're so sad it would really hurt our feelings. Oh and I did do this back in college for a Phish show I went to with Allison. I bought tickets for the wrong night, but we were still able to go in. Not for a sold out U2 show though. I'm sure we'll look back and laugh one day, but it's just so hard to get tickets for a show.

Anyway, that is my sad story. :(

4 comments:

Laura said...

That IS a very sad story b/c remember how our regret in Charlotte was that we were up in the nosebleed section? So to be on the floor...I can imagine. Also, I have been on a U2 kick lately - Haley and I rocked out to "The Joshua Tree" the other day - she dances to it. So I definitely feel your pain.

Matt&Liv said...

Yeah, it really sucks. We can't seem to shake it. We're constantly looking for charlotte tickets and we're considering Cleveland if we can't find charlotte. Matt has taken it much harder than me. I don't think I've ever seen him more determined. Anyway, thanks for listening. Oh and I loved the picture of Haley in her blue hat so much that I put it as my wallpaper at work. HeHe

Matt&Liv said...

Yeah, we're too scared to use ebay for this. We met tons of people at the concert that had counterfit tickets that they bought on ebay. We've been looking at all the fan websites and craig's list also.

Matt&Liv said...

Does anyone know how I can move the stuff at the bottom right of my blog to the top??